Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

31 Lessons Learned...Lesson 2

Having a dog means someone is always happy to see you.


As long as I can remember I have loved dogs.  Growing up I had a few dogs, but never really understood the love that dogs can really give until I got older.  If you have never had a pet of any kind, it is hard to understand how they aren't just a animal, they are family.  To me having a dog means so much more than having a pet.  A dog is loving, they never judge you, they won't gossip about you to other dogs, they don't care if you wear makeup, they love when you over eat so they can clean up the mess, they want you to stay home and bum around the couch, they are always ready to play, they are sad to see you go, but more importantly they are always happy to see you.  

When I have a bad day at work, there is nothing better than walking through the front door of my house and having my dog, Remy, jump all over me.  He doesn't know what happened that day, but he always knows how to make me feel better.  Family and friends always feel that they need to help you solve your problems, but sometimes you just want to have a bad day, and dogs somehow understand that.  If I want to be depressed and lay on my bed and watch 6 episodes of Doctor Who, Remy will lay down right next to me.  If I am in the mood to go for a long walk, Remy will always walk with me. I never have to explain myself to Remy, he loves me no matter what.  

Dogs give the type of unconditional love that every human being desires.  If you don't have a pet, I encourage you to get one, it will change your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment